45 Lingerie Dreams: Courtesans
Tiny Panties!
Cleavage! Boosting Bras
Lingerie!
Naughty Links

A girl who loves lingerie enough to blog about it? You bet.
Not to mention find and post pictures and even share some of my own shots as I work on my all lingerie website.
I am in my thirties, live in Canada and answer my email regularily.

stockings and girdle stockingsdiva at gmail dot com Blondes and Panties
Lace Illusions
The Naughty Archives
Naughty Lingerie Girls
Lingerie Dreams Archives
Le Vie Parisienne
Spanking Art
Corset Dreams

atom site feed


Vote for my site!


california mortgage
online contact lens
compliance-news
mortgage news
christina aguilera
car accident lawyer
structured settlements
server security

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Courtesans

A lovely article by the author of Courtesans.
Like the author I have always been fascinated with the higher end of prostitution...
Like most women I know (although we do not often admit it), since that day I have always been fascinated by prostitutes. What are these women really like, we wonder? Why do they do what they do? And, most crucially, are there any circumstances at all under which we might do it too?

My book Courtesans came out of this lifelong fascination. I soon realised, however, that a courtesan (the word comes from the Italian cortegiana, meaning "woman of the court") was not a mere prostitute. Although she was unequivocally a "professional" woman, accepting money in return for sexual favours, she was very far indeed from being like the suspendered Parisian streetwalker I saw in the doorway that night.
Interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger UpMyKilt said...

An interesting article.. and glad I discovered your site.

Prostitution is an interesting topic.. but the article you refer to seems to discuss a different sort of prostitution that what I'd describe as "common prostitution."

Although I'm a male, in a "past life," I had a job that would often place me in the company of prostitutes. These were not the "Courtesans" that Hickman writes of. In most cases, I felt pity for the prostitutes I came across and talked with. Smelling filthy, dirty, and willing to give blow jobs for 10.00 to feed their crack habit. Hundreds of them. Trying to look sexy, while their shallow eyes gave away what they were. Desparate women. Desparate girls.

Ah, but this is not the "higher end" of prostitution, is it? Which of course, is a different story.

I wonder if prostitution, high end or low end, would exist, in a truly libertarian society, where folks would not have to worry about feeling guilt about sexual arousal, feeling guilt about being attracted to someone they just met, etc.? Or not feeling guilty about all of their so called "warped" and kinky thoughts?

But I'm rambling, with a glass of wine (Vidal) before retiring to bed. Sorry to pollute your blog with my comments, but hope you won't mind :)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home